March was my month for Reading the Theatre. See my wrap-up post for all the details about that! Interspersed with theatrical reads were some other terrific titles, including my first Richard Rohr (why did I wait so long?) and Hidden Valley Road, my review of which is coming soon to Shiny New Books.
I’m pleased that I’ve kept up with writing notes for each book completed on Goodreads, even if it’s just a sentence or two. I’ve linked these up in the list below.
After my intense month of reading and posting in March, I’m going to take a couple of weeks off to enjoy our spring break (mostly staycation, but still very welcome). See you on the other side!
- Missed Translations by Sopan Deb
- A Pink Front Door by Stella Gibbons
- The Magicians of Caprona by Diana Wynne Jones
- Actress by Anne Enright
- Death in the Grand Manor by Anne Morice
- The Incomparable Rex by Patrick Garland
- Year of the Mad King by Antony Sher
- Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker
- The Weather at Tregulla by Stella Gibbons
- The Snow-Woman by Stella Gibbons
- The Year of Lear: Shakespeare in 1606 by James Shapiro,
This month I applied for a job as a lower school English teacher and classroom assistant and had to do an interview in German. I did not get the job, but I found it a good experience anyway. I managed to express myself (however incorrectly) and to get the gist of what was said to me. Next time maybe I’ll have better luck.
After several weeks of cold and snow, the sun is out and the spring flowers are blooming — a beautiful sight here in the mountains. Even if we have to endure more weeks or months of lockdown, it’s still a relief to be able to get outside and shed some layers.
How has your transition into spring gone? Did you have a project for this month? — there were lots to choose from! What else has life been bringing you?