I live with my family in the beautiful Bernese Jura region of Switzerland, where I work part-time in a residential home for adults with developmental disabilities.
My writing has been published in a variety of print and online publications, listed below. I’m also a reviewer for Shiny New Books.
Since 2006 I’ve been an editor and book designer for the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America, and I’m also a volunteer editor for Agape Review. I offer freelance editing and book production services. I’m also a certified ESOL teacher, and I am learning French and German. Besides reading and writing, I enjoy fiber crafts (spinning and knitting); music, especially choral singing; and hiking in the mountains.
I’m interested in prayer and contemplative practice, and I sometimes share thoughts from my spiritual journey. I’m currently in training to be certified as a spiritual director.
Welcome! I look forward to meeting you.
Lory’s published writing
- “Embodied in Air,” essay in Parabola
- “Knitting a Life Together,” Interweave Knits
- “Sacred Movement,” “Baking Day,” “Spinning Straw into Gold,” essays in LILIPOH
- “Beyond the Happy Ending,” essay in Enchanted Conversation
- “Spinning a Tale,” essay in Cabinet des Fees
- “Learning to Spin, Take Two,” article in Spinning Daily
- “Magic of Our Hands,” article in The Wheel
- Review of The Sixth Extinction in Ruminate: The Waking
- “World Beyond Words,” essay in Red Letter Christians
- “Seeking the Honey of Life,” essay in Kosmos Quarterly
- “Talitha, Koum,” poem in Christian Community Perspectives
- Five poems in Agape Review
- “Name Calling” – essay in Braided Way Magazine
- “Opening a Pomegranate” – poem in Untold Volumes
- Three poems in Soul Forte
I am not actively soliciting review copies at this time. If you send me a review request, I will likely not respond; this is only a reflection on the volume of emails I receive, not on your book.
In the rare case that I do accept such a request, it is for review consideration only. I do not guarantee a reading or a review. Any review published will consist of my honest, unbiased opinion.