When Fragments Make a Whole
A Personal Journey Through Healing Stories in the Bible
Published in February, 2024 by Floris Books, When Fragments Make a Whole is organized around poems based on the individual healings in the Gospels, each one complemented by background commentary and personal essays that trace a healing trajectory in my own life.
If you’d like to see a preview, click on “See inside” from the Floris book page. You’ll get a pop-up with a generous portion including the introduction and most of the first chapter. There is a shorter snippet posted on the Floris blog. And you can also read two early versions of the poems that I first shared on my blog: “Talitha, Koum” and “What the Rich Young Man Said.“
If you’d like news and updates about my writing and reading life, be sure to sign up for my newsletter, The Enchanted Circle, using the form at the bottom of the page.
How to order:
- If you’re in the UK, you can order the book from uk.bookshop.org and benefit local bookshops!
- If you’re in another country, you can order from Blackwell’s, with shipping included to most countries.
- And here you can order the Kindle version.
- You can also pre-order now from bookshop.org in the US for April (when copies will be available from the US distributor).
- Here is a Bookshop list I created that includes related reading. UK version | US version
- All of the above are affiliate links that earn me a small commission.
- There are more e-book options — including Kobo, Google, and Apple, available on the Floris e-book page.
What readers say:
Offers encouragement to readers to find, ever and again, the steps toward meeting their own wounds and struggles.—Signe Schaefer, author of Why on Earth? and She Was Always There
A treasure of a book in that it contains accessible explanations of deep spiritual knowledge out of anthroposophy, artistic and personal poetry that move the heart, and the testimony of a life lived by one who has earnestly taken up the path of discipleship.—Rev. Anna Silber, Christian Community priest in Chestnut Ridge, NY:
A book for your own journey, but it is especially a book to catapult you into standing in and with the world-healing that is our task.—Kathryn Booth, The Alcyon Center
Simply Sourdough: Baking great whole-grain breads and more
This little book began as a self-published project that I produced based on information I used to teach several sourdough baking workshops. For a while I sold copies to benefit my church, but then I handed it over to the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America, my longtime home as an editor. All sales benefit WECAN.
The book gives a brief introduction to my personal method of making and using a sourdough starter, along with recipes. The essay “Baking Day” is included as an appendix in this edition.
Buy from the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America