I forgot to celebrate the occasion, but the 1st of January marked 10 years since I started my first book blog, The Emerald City Book Review. Though the Emerald City has morphed into the Enchanted Castle, I’ve been blogging for a whole decade now.
I’ve gotten so much out of this hobby, and I am so grateful to all my readers and fellow bloggers. Some have been with me almost since the beginning, some have joined along the way, and some have sadly fallen out of touch. But I appreciate each and every interaction that I have through this medium, and I hope that you have found it valuable as well.
I’m picking out some highlights from those 10 years, for a trip down memory lane. This was more or less at random, as I did not have time to go through hundreds of posts! I hope you might find something here to interest you, and perhaps sample a few more of my musings from the past.
- 2014: I compiled a list of Ten Books You Might Not Have Heard Of.
- 2015: I made a literary pilgrimage to Emily Dickinson’s House.
- 2016: I looked back at the Reading New England Challenge.
- 2017: I asked, What are your favorite Arthurian books?
- 2018: I read Les Misérables in a chapter a day.
- 2019: I reflected on the Apocalypse: It’s not the end of the world.
- 2020: I posted a pandemic list of Fourteen books about freedom.
- 2021: I shared photos from a trip to Ticino.
- 2022: I wrestled with my health in Uncovering my eating disorder.
- 2023: I kicked off the Ozathon with Journey into the heart.
In the comments, post a link to a past highlight on your own blog, and I’ll check it out! Every chance to connect with one another is worth celebrating.